[mythtv-users] Xbox Protocol Version

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 19:57:11 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip />
> Sounds somewhat identical to my setup.  I find the Xbox is a brilliant
> frontend for SD content.  I don't have any HD yet as I use a crappy
> TV, but that's OK.
>
> I too get a delay for the EPG, quite a long one, but I put that down
> to the fact I am running over WiFi (before you ask, it is not very
> good).
>
> You feel the effects of swap, and I wish the Xbox had 128MB of RAM but
> it doesn't so I won't whine too much.

you 'can' get an xbox with 128MB RAM from various sites on the web.
and depending on your soldering skilz and the version of xbox you
have, you 'can' do it yourself. :)  i've modded three xboxen now but
don't have the balls to try the RAM upgrade even though i have two
version 1 xboxes that could be upgraded.  it definitely would be a
nice upgrade for running linux.