[mythtv-users] Easy question about program guide and multiple sources

Jason McMillon jmcmillon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 18:14:33 UTC 2006

I am considering adding my motorola digital cable box as an input to my
MythTV setup.  I currently have two PVR-250s (connected to standard cable)
and one HD5000 (connected to an OTA antennae).  I have a cable box (for HBO,
etc) connected to an additional input on my TV.  Everything is working
great!!

Now my question:

If I remove the standard cable from one of my PVR-250s input and replace it
with the cable box output (understanding that I will have to find a script
to let MythTV change the channel via the serial port) and configure zap2it
with the additional 'digital' source, what will my program guide look like?

Will there be duplicate entries for the overlapping channels?  I guess I
could delete all the 'standard cable' channels from the digital source, but
then what if I want to record two things at once on 'standard' cable?  I
think MythTV will only know of one source for standard cable defeating the
purpose of having two PVR-250s.

I am sure there is a way to do this that I am not aware of...

Any help will be great appreciated.

Thanks!!