[mythtv-users] Xbox Protocol Version

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 03:24:35 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a somewhat outdated Xebian 1.0.3 install running MythTV 0.19
> (previously 0.18).  While it's not the snappiest in terms of response
> time, it is well within acceptable parameters (easily less than 0.5
> second delay in going through menus).  I don't use the EPG.  There
> tends to be some delay when getting info from the backend (i.e when
> you select the "Watch Recordings" menu item).

Sounds somewhat identical to my setup.  I find the Xbox is a brilliant
frontend for SD content.  I don't have any HD yet as I use a crappy
TV, but that's OK.

I too get a delay for the EPG, quite a long one, but I put that down
to the fact I am running over WiFi (before you ask, it is not very
good).

You feel the effects of swap, and I wish the Xbox had 128MB of RAM but
it doesn't so I won't whine too much.

Any ideas on whether the new UI will be too intensive for the Xbox?
Can it be disabled?

Cheers,
Whytey