[mythtv-users] Speaker Suggestions ???

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 18:28:28 UTC 2006

> With all the concentration on getting the video working right I have
> neglected my audio output devices.
> Right now I'm using a Harmon Kardon 2.1 system that came with a Dell
> system I purchased 5 years ago, and it basically leaves a lot to be
> desired (read that: SUCKS).
> I'm looking for a decent 2.1 speaker/amplifier system that does not
> cost more than say $200 US.
> Obviously there's no point in getting something that's far better
> than the signal that's driving it. The audio is all captured by PVR
> cards from analog broadcasts and encoded with the default settings of
> Myth.

are you using this more as a computer or is it dedicated for Myth?

for general computer speakers Klipsch make some excellent computer speakers,

for dedicated use I'd agree with those that suggested getting a
dedicated receiver and some real speakers.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -