[mythtv-users] Missing dependency isn't missing

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 16:01:57 UTC 2006

On 06/06/06, Bruce Bales <bbales at cox.net> wrote:
> I'm reposting this with a proper subject.
> I'm new to mythtv.  When I try to install mythtv with yum install
> mythtv-suite, I get a couple of dependency errors. But rpm -q mplayer
> shows that the exact version called for of one of these is already
> installed.

There is a new package manager called smart (there is also a gui)
which seems to be better at handling these dependency oddities. It is
available from atrpms via yum (yum install smart smartgui I think).
You could also temporarily remove the mplayer RPM and see if your
mythtv-suite install pulls it back in normally.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: