[mythtv-users] Speaker Suggestions ???

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:58:38 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
> > But, I wonder, what are Myth users using for audio output, I've seen
> > very little mention of speaker systems here, and what I do see is
> > usually problems with multi-channel decoding.
> >

> I use a sound card with optical SPDIF output to my 5.1 JVC receiver.  I
> basically have Myth hooked to my home theater.  Unless you don't have
> Myth in your living room, I don't see any reason not to.  I have all my
> living room components (ReplayTV, VCR/DVD combo, TV, etc) hooked to the
> receiver as well.
>
> Kevin

I have my Mythbox (ASUS A7N8X-E DLX) with onboard digital coax out to my
Pioneer 5.1 receiver.  The video card is a Chaintech FX5200 with VGA, SVid,
and DVI.  The SVID is also going to my Pioneer receiver.  I also have my JVC
VCR and SONY 5 disc DVD changer going that that recevier.  I have 2 Cerwin
Vega RE-30s (12" woofer, POWERHOUSE speakers btw) a JBL Northwood Center
Channel, dual JBL Northwood 8" tower rears and a JBL PB12 sub (12" 250W
sub).  I picked up all that stuff while I worked at Best Buy.  Luckily, my
brother works there now so I can get great discounts on things.
Unfortunately, I live in an apartment building so I can't turn on the sub.
The old woman below me is a school teacher.  I can barely listen to music at
2pm without her pounding on her ceiling.  One time, when I knew it wasn't
loud, I jumped on the floor REALLY hard in hopes that she'd shut up.  Let me
just say, I'm 6'3" tall and 280lbs (not a terribly big white guy).  I'm
suprised I didn't go through the floor.  haha.  Interestingly enough, she
has never pounded on my floor since that day.  Quite liberating.

Jim