[mythtv-users] [OT] Xine, keymaps and lirc

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 11:31:25 UTC 2006

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythVideo#Further_Xine_Configuration
> explains that Xine misbehaves when it comes to using modified keymap
> files. I have been trying to set up .mythtv/lircrc with some remote
> control commands to control xine but have not suceeded.

For the list, I have resolved this. I think the problem was caused by
the presence of a directory called $HOME/.xine which had some files in
it which were created when I'd made some changes in xine settings gui
(this screen seems to come up the first time you run xine or if you
don't have a dir called .xine). When I got rid of this dir and
selected Cancel when the xine settings gui popped up it started using
my $HOME/.lircrc file which is a symlink to my lirc file in
$HOME/.mythtv

Regards,
Phill