[mythtv-users] How does SKY deinterlace TV

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 08:19:41 UTC 2006

Daniel Carter wrote:

> Apparently the Matrox G400 had a decent TV encoder chip and could send
> a proper interlaced signal to a TV.

With a bit of playing a Radeon can output RGB 50Hz interlaced with csync
suitable for feeding into a SCART connection, I made one for my mythtv
box and the difference in picture (colour saturation, sharpness and lack
of flicker) compared to the card's tvout is AMAZING

With a little extra circuitry (to re-generate csync from hsync/vsync) an
Nvidia card can do the same too ...