[mythtv-users] Missing dependency isn't missing

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Tue Jun 6 02:35:19 UTC 2006

I'm reposting this with a proper subject.

I'm new to mythtv.  When I try to install mythtv with yum install
mythtv-suite, I get a couple of dependency errors. But rpm -q mplayer
shows that the exact version called for of one of these is already
installed.

--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: mplayer = 1.0-0.39.20060412.lvn5 for package:
mplayer-gui
--> Processing Dependency: libmp4ff.so.0 for package: mythmusic
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: mplayer = 1.0-0.39.20060412.lvn5 is needed by
package mplayer-gui
Error: Missing Dependency: libmp4ff.so.0 is needed by package mythmusic

[bruce at blacky spare]$ rpm -q mplayer
mplayer-1.0-0.39.20060412.lvn5

This doesn't make any sense to me.  What am I missing?

Also, I have been unable to find the other dependency, libmp4ff.so.0.
I'm using Fedora core 5. Any help appreciated.
bruce