[mythtv-users] restart mythfrontend and rerecord questions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 6 01:59:16 UTC 2006

On 06/05/2006 09:41 AM, Tom Jaeger wrote:

>I was also wondering if a show is
>deleted by myth because it ran out of space and I never got a chance to
>watch it will it re record it?

Yes and no.

> Or do I need to make sure I manually delete
>it when I get short on space and select to rerecord it?

Myth will expire the show and mark it to _allow_ re-recording.  This is
identical to your manually deleting the show with "Delete and allow
re-record".

That means if the show was recorded from a one-time rule (Find One or
This Showing or ...), it will not re-record (because the rule was
removed after it succeeded) unless you have another rule that will also
match that show/episode.  If, however, the show was recorded from a
multi-showing rule (Always record...) and you haven't yet deleted the
rule, it will be re-recorded.

Mike