[mythtv-users] Using transcode to convert myth MPEG-TS files

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 5 21:45:08 UTC 2006

I cannot get transcode (the command line app not mythtranscode) to do
anything with myth .mpg's. It just doesn't seem to accept mpeg-ts files
regardless of what input plugin I choose.

I'm trying to demux the file into seperate video/audio and then mplex them
into a dvd compliant mpeg dvdauthor can handle. Ideally I'd like to do this
in one step with transcode.

transcode -i test.mpg -x mplayer,mplayer -P 3 -o test.m2v -m test.mp2

Whatever I do it doesn't seem to be able to detect the video atall

"[transcode] V: import format    | unknown  (V=mplayer|A=mplayer)"