[mythtv-users] Nvidia 5200FX

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 20:24:48 UTC 2006

On 6/5/06, cweisiger at i-55.com <cweisiger at i-55.com> wrote:
> What is the quality of the 5200FX Nvidia card.
>
> I have a nvidia mx4000 with 128Ram.
> I didnt mess with any nvidia settings. Just using the defaults in
> the nvidia-settings control panel.
>
> The card is fine except sometimes the picture around objects
> gets wavey but then clears up. Usually happens during quick
> motion scenes. This happens while watching live TV.
>
> Would the 5200FX be a better choice with the more ram(256).
> I can pick one up for $75US.
>

> Thanks.

I'm in the same situation as you and out of curiosity I wondered about
the 5200 also.  I went ahead and ordered one from newegg for $61.45
shipped.  I haven't received it yet, but when I do, I'll post any
noticable differences when I get a chance.

Here's a link to the card I'm getting if you're curious:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814140027