[mythtv-users] MythArchive Mastered!!

Robert S. Kerr rskerr at dsbox.com
Mon Jun 5 16:03:22 UTC 2006

For those of us on this side of the pond, I found this over at

    * Video:
          o Format mp2v (MPEG-2 Video), up to 9.8 Mbps
          o Resolution of 720x480 (Full D1), 704x480, 352x480 (Half D1),
352x240 (same as VCD)
          o 29.97 frames/sec
    * Audio:
          o Up to 8 audio tracks in the following formats. At least one
track must be in a52 or raw.
                + mp2a Standard MPEG Audio.
                + a52 AC3 Dolby Digital
                + DTS Audio
                + PCM Uncompressed (raw)
          o Format: 48000 Hz, 32 - 1536 kbps

So, I'm guessing if you set your capture card to do these settings you
can avoid the transcode for NTSC also.