[mythtv-users] Is Upgrading to SVN Worth The Trouble?

drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 16:03:03 UTC 2006

> What broke in Mythburn for you? Was it just the cutlists? I'm running a
> fairly recent SVN release and mythburn still works for me.

The cutlist is broken and for some reason the ntsc ac3 audio stops 1/3 the way
through my recordings. It may be possible that this was caused by some other upgrade
on my system or it could be that I now had to run mythtranscode (lossless mpeg2) to
do the cutting first then run myth burn on the new files. Either way I spent the
better half of yesturday trying to get a working dvd out of myth and when I finally
did (using mytharchive) the quality was much less than what I had with mythburn as a
result of the transformation to a valid dvd resolution. I believe I now know how to
work around this by disabling the transformation in the mythburn.py script and so I
will try to use mytharchive for now on.

BTW, Does anyone know what effort is needed to downgrade the database to work with
0.19 if I decide to go back?

John