[mythtv-users] What's MythMovieTime

James Meyer james.meyer at operamail.com
Sun Jun 4 21:56:20 UTC 2006

On Sunday 04 June 2006 13:44, Nick Veys wrote:
> Yup, a glance at the code looks like that exactly what it is...  Seems
> based on ZIP code though so I'm so sure how well it'll work for you
> UKers.. :shrug:
>
> On 6/4/06, James Buckley <james at logicland.co.uk> wrote:
> > Oops, I must of *cough* missed *cough* that. Still, a bit confusing. Does it
> > basically look up what movies are running and at what times (at your local
> > cinema presumably)

MythMovietime is a plugin that allows you to lookup movie showtimes in your area.
The local area was defined as "X" mile radius from you zip code and the data the data could be sorted by either movie title or movie theater.  A feature that was never fully implemented was the ability to buy tickets online.

The data that powered the plugin was provided by zap2it  via a subscription to LxMsuite.  Unfortunatly the operating cost outweighted the income from the  subscription.
A real shame as this was easily the most useful plugin in our household.
-jm