[mythtv-users] Frontend dies backend will not restart

Alan Secker alan at asandco.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 20:34:38 UTC 2006

Since I got Mythtv 0.19 to work a couple of weeks ago, I have been
experiencing
random freezes. This is maybe once a day and so far I have only been
using it for
live TV.  Initially Escaping back to the front-end menu and then
stopping and
restarting the backend would get it going again. More frequently however, I
cannot get the backend to stop and have to resort to a reboot.

I'm using Mandriva 2006 and KDE but even command lines such as:

/etc/init.d/mythbackend stop

do not seem to work. I would prefer to pin down the problem rather than
a kludge but I may not have a choice. Any ideas anyone?