[mythtv-users] Recommendations about the Nvidia 7300 GSPCI-Erange of cards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jun 3 22:09:24 UTC 2006

On Jun 3, 2006, at 3:23 PM, James Buckley wrote:

> The thing is with the 6200, they can't to 1080i over DVI with Sync
> to VBlank
> turned on (causes hardlock), and video tears really badly without
> VBlank
> syncing.
>
> Was seeing if anyone knew if the 7300 suffered from the same
> problems...

At least one outfit is selling a pre-made Myth box using a 6200 and
they claim it will do 1080i "just fine" (this is the Dragon machine).
I do not know if they are using the DVI output though, but I have no
reason to doubt their claim.

So is this not so, or is it another one of those "you must use this
driver version with these settings and a certain kernel and face the
Moon for it to work" ?? Or does it work using the VGA output perhaps ??

They may be using an AGP card, but I can't see where that should make
any difference.