[mythtv-users] Australian Foxtel Upgrade

Martin Ravell mythtv at rave-tech.com.au
Sat Jun 3 12:52:07 UTC 2006

>Hi Marty,
>
>Where did you get the Scart to Svideo cable from and how much was it?
>At the moment I'm using a composite cable from my digital optus box but
>I'm thinking what you're doing would be better.
>
>Mind you, what I'm using now is still miles better than the analog RF
>setup I was using prior to the upgrade.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Nick

Hi Nick,

The cable was fifty something dollars from Harvey Norman. The rather eager
young sales guy tried to sell me one for two hundred and twenty but
seriously! I guess that they wouldn't stock that kind of thing of there
weren't people willing to fork out that sort of cash for some cable and a
couple of plugs.

The 350 really does a great job on playback but I've been considering going
to a 5200 based card so that I can get MAME etc running nicely (and perhaps
experiment with transcoding to save space).

Regards
Marty