[mythtv-users] IVTV issues (video scrambled looking)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jun 2 21:38:18 UTC 2006

On Jun 2, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Greg Woods wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 14:47 -0500, Mickey Chandler wrote:
>
>> I've also tried xawtv and it's not finding anything.
>
> I don't think you can use xawtv on a PVR-xxx card, as those cards
> output
> MPEG2. It only works on cards using the v4l drivers.

Correct, but you can do something like putting the mpeg stream
through mplayer. Or try catting the output of the video device into a
file and playing the result.

Any chance the OP could post a screenshot of the "scrambled" picture,
perhaps a digital camera shot? I'm not sure what the problem is, but
I suspect that it will become obvious once we see it. I'm guessing
the mpeg is fine and it is a video output problem.