[mythtv-users] Encoders 1 and 2 are now 3 and 4

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 21:05:16 UTC 2006

On 6/2/06, Chris Gentle <gentlec at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> I just finished upgrading my Myth boxes to the 2.6.16 kernel and
> ivtv-0.6.2.  I went in and deleted out my capture cards and and then
> added them back so that the input sources would be numbered
> appropriately, as required by the new ivtv driver.  Everything seems
> to work.
>
> However, both System Status and MythWeb's status page now report my
> two capture boards as Encoders 3 and 4 and instead of Encoders 1 and 2:
>
>         Encoder 3 is local on mythtv and is not recording.
>         Encoder 4 is remote on myth2 and is not recording.
>
> Why did this happen?  Is there any way to set them back to 1 and 2,
> since I don't really have four encoders?

Yes, there is a way.  It happened to me too - got all the way up to 8, 9, ....

I got them back to 1, 2, ..., by choosing the Remove All choice, instead of
the Remove All on local_system_name_here.  It didn't really affect the running
of MythTV, which is a small tribute to the folks who write all the code.

But is sure messed with my head, since I wasn't able to keep straight which
number went with which tuner.  It should work for you, too, I have the same
ivtv and kernel, so Good Luck.

--
MM