[mythtv-users] SVN build: missing libmythfreemheg

Daris Drake darisd at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 15:53:20 UTC 2006

>Have you tried a "make distclean" first? It sounds like something
>isn't getting recompiled that needs to be.

Thanks for the start. I made again and saw a slew of segmentation faults.
Not sure how to deal... I just tried some things.

The errors I saw were like this one:
tv_play.cpp: In member function 'void TV::HandleStateChange()':
tv_play.cpp:845: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

Some machine details:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000 (Venice)
MB: ABIT AV8 (VIA southbridge)
Kernel: 2.6.16-1.2096_FC5 (x86_64)
GCC Version: aha!

Yes, someone had released a new version of 64 bit GCC. After a quick upgrade
my GCC is now 4.1.1_1.fc5. I then rebuilt everything (myth, mythplugins),
which went off without a hitch.

And yes, trying to run mythbackend or frontend still gives the same error:
libmythfreemheg-0.19.so.0 cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Back to the drawing board? Any other suggestions?

Daris Drake
darisd at hotmail.com