[mythtv-users] X-10 Module for Myth?

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:12:15 UTC 2006

I set up something pretty simple on my myth box, but an actual X10 plugin
would be pretty neat.

All I did was use irexec to launch shell scripts which call 'heyu' (an X10
control command line tool) to set different lighting scenes based on what
I'm doing with myth.
One example is, I have the power button on my remote set to toggle between
two scenes:
ON: turns the projector on, lowers the screen, dims the lights.
OFF: raises the screen, brings the lights back up, and turns the projector
off.

My motorized screen is a DIY creation as well, but it's  not quite done yet,
so until I get more time to finish up the electronics, I've left the screen
in the down position all the time.