[mythtv-users] Setting up myth with ATSC and Cable Tuners

Bish, Tim Tim.Bish at Sensis.com
Fri Jun 2 11:47:24 UTC 2006

I'm trying to get a myth install working, running with SVN HEAD.

The issue that I'm running into is that I want to configure two fusion
HDTV 5 Gold's and a PVR150.  The Fusion's will be tuning ATSC channels,
and for the moment the PVR150 will be tuning Cable.  I've run through
the setup and add devices for both cards.  I can scan and find all the
channels for them, and get listings from zap2it in setup.  I then go out
and start a backend and run mythfilldatabase.  Everything seems ok,
although I noticed some logs from the backend on start indicating that
it was trying to set the device at /dev/video0 to ATSC, but that is my
PVR 150 so that seems wrong.

When I start the front-end and go to live tv I find that generally only
the ATSC channels are present nothing for the Cable channels.  I can
manually enter a Cable channel and it will work, but when I restart its
gone.  What am I doing wrong in the setup?  Perhaps someone could shed
some light on the right options to pick.

I've also notice some stuttering on the HDTV channels.  I've switched to
libmpeg2 but that didn't seem to help.  Also, sometimes when I'm
switching to a new ATSC channel previous channel's image freezes on
screen.  I can then pick another channel and everything starts working
again.

My system specs are
AMD Athlon64 x2
Asus A8N5X board with onboard audio (Nforce4)
1gig ram
NVidia 7600 GS card
Two Seagate 300gig Sata drives
DVD RW