[mythtv-users] Selective database data copying from 0.18 to 0.19

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 1 22:13:06 UTC 2006

On 06/01/06 18:01, Stephen Kitchener wrote:

>Does anyone know what table(s) (and possible new tables) I need to copy from a
>database that is in use on a 0.18 based mythtv to a 0.19 database that I am
>about to start using time. I have one .18 machine running on one machine and
>a .19 on another that I want to use for the new features.
>
>The tables that I am very interested in replicating/converting are those that
>are used to keep the history of programs recorded and used to automatically
>schedule programs in the future.

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7

Note, though, that you won't be able to insert 0.18 data directly into a
0.19 database.  So, your best bet is to backup your 0.18 data, install
0.19 on the 0.18 machine, run any myth program (mythtv-setup,
mythbackend, mythfrontend) to upgrade the database, shut down the myth
program, make a 0.19 backup, and follow the instructions to put that
0.19 data into the new machine.

Note that Myth automatically upgrades your database (in place) when you
go to a new version, so depending on whether you're actually moving the
database or not, this may all be unnecessary.

Mike