[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Nested Playlists "Survey"

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 22:06:58 UTC 2006

On 6/2/06, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> Steve Hodge wrote:
> > On 6/2/06, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> >> A proper nested playlist capability would make it worthwhile for me to
> >> change over to mythmusic in the office.,
> >
> > Are you saying the current implementation doesn't work for you? Or are
> > you saying you weren't aware that this ability is already in
> > MythMusic?
>
> I am well aware of the existence of mythmusic within myth.

No, I wasn't questioning your knowledge of the existance of MythMusic.

Your email gave me the impression that you didn't know that MythMusic
handled nested playlists already. I was wondering if that was the case
or if the current implementation of nested playlists didn't work for
you for some reason.

> I always have a local Classical FM radio station playing here at the
> office on the stereo and I have ripped some CD's onto the harddrive and
> play those with mplayer. But mythmusic has always seemed too much of a
> hassle to make it worthwhile installing myth on my desktop or on another
> box here.

I'd agree with that - I don't think I'd use MythMusic as a standalone
music player.

Steve