[mythtv-users] Static noise from AC3 passthrough

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 20:09:42 UTC 2006

Use the ac option at the command line with mplayer.  Aka...

mplayer -ac hwdts, <file>

The comma after hwdts with allow it to revert back to pcm if dts
fails... if you check the output on the console as mplayer is starting
up you should be able to get a good idea of whether or not mplayer
thinks its pushing the dts stream.