[mythtv-users] PVR 150 IR Receiver cable with HomeBrew Serial

Al Faller faller at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 19:16:18 UTC 2006

> > I just recently seperated my backend/frontend components to two
> > different machines.  As a result, I can't use my remote anymore on my
> > frontend.  Anyone have any luck using the pvr150 receiver cable with a
> > homebrew serial receiver?  If so, can you inform me to the pinout on
> > the pvr150 cable?
>
> I'm assuming you want to use a serial receiver and go into the port
> on the PVR card?

Nope, sorry if I mis-typed....  The PVR card isn't an option on my
frontend anymore... the card is in the backend which is in my basement
(Frontend upstairs).  I'd like to connect that IR Receiver dongle that
comes with the card into a homemade serial connector.  Basically
making a homebrew serial receiver (as seen on lirc.org) without buying
an infrared receiver IC.