[mythtv-users] Static noise from AC3 passthrough

Adam Hirsch mythtv at quakerporn.com
Thu Jun 1 17:48:46 UTC 2006

Gabe Rubin (gaberubin at gmail.com) wrote:

> Do you know of a command line option to just send straight dts data to the
> receiver.  I don't care if it uses mplayer, aplay, xine, vlc or a flying
> chicken.  I just want to test out to make sure my .asoundrc is set up
> proper.

Grab a couple of the sample trailers at

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/trailers.php

(I favor the "DTS Piano" and the "Dolby Digital Egypt" pieces for testing
DTS and DD, myself) and try playing them with mplayer, xine, or the
internal myth player.  If your receiver has an indicator light to show what
kind of signal it's getting, it should light up.  (Mine does.)

Adam

--
I loathe people who keep dogs.  They are cowards
who haven't the guts to bite people themselves.  -- George Bernard Shaw