[mythtv-users] Screwy Myth not Recording after Power Loss

Kevin Michael Woley woley at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 1 16:16:58 UTC 2006

I had a power failure (my myth box, toaster, and microwave apparently can't
all be on at once :/) and after reboot, MythTV won't record any new shows.

- I'm on a gentoo, mythtv-0.19_p9163-r1 revision, PVR-500.
- The mythfilldatabase appears to be working correctly.
- All of my old recording schedules/priorities appear unmodified.
- The Manage Recordings -> Upcoming Recordings shows that "You Haven't
Scheduled Any Programs To Be Recorded"
- New recording schedules do not work, either.
- Recording shows directly from the WatchTV->Schedule menu does not work.
- All other functionality is fine, including watching old recordings, etc.

Does anyone have some thoughts about the easiest way to get back up and
running?  Any help before I attempt more radical options, such as a
reinstall, would be appreciated.  Thanks!

If any other information is needed about my setup please ask.

Kevin