[mythtv-users] Static noise from AC3 passthrough

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 03:50:18 UTC 2006

Gabe Rubin wrote:

> Thanks for this excellent write-up, I think my .asoundrc is pretty good
> as is, but I wanted to check playing dts sound through.
>
> I downloaded some dts clips to play, and have no idea if I am passing
> these sound clips as war dts or if the computer is converting it and
> sending it to my receiver as converted sound.  Is there a nifty command
> line that I can use to passthrough the raw digital signal and see if my
> receiver can convert?  Thanks!

If your reciever's DTS indicator is on then it is seeing DTS passthrough
in a proper DTS stream. If the computer decoded it, you would need to
route L,C,R,LR,RR and Sub/LFE line level connections from your soundcard
to a discrete 5.1 analog input on your receiver like you would an SACD
player.

--
mw