[mythtv-users] No Audio in Internal Player?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 31 21:30:38 UTC 2006

On 07/31/2006 09:27 AM, Kevin McBride wrote:

> 2) In mythmusic, when a new song is selected and I press play, the
> volume in gnome is reset to a volume that is about at two thirds. This
> is weird because I wouldn’t think that anything in mythtv would be
> able to change the whole system volume. It’s not a big problem, I’m
> just curious if others have run into the same behavior.

If you've set:

Use internal volume controls
- MythTV can control the PCM and master mixer volume. If you prefer to
use an external mixer program, then disable this option.

then don't use an external program to change volume. If you want to use
an external program to change volume, disable the above option and see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/216149#216149 .

Mike