[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

stan stanlist at cox.net
Mon Jul 31 18:47:25 UTC 2006

I was comparing the HD5500 and the A180 capture cards when someone replied
with a reference to the HDHomeRun as an ATSC tuner.

http://www.silicondust.com/main/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=5

This looks great!

It looks like it just came out.  Does anyone have one?  How well does it
work?  Any missed frames or quality degradation?  Any difficulty tuning
local ATSC stations?  Does it simply send an mpeg2-ts protocol stream to the
receiving computer?

It sounds like this is a good way to avoid kernel version dependency and
driver conflicts.  If this works I'd use it out of the box to watch ATSC on
computers around the house and also consider writing a mythTV like
controller in java to gain system/platform independence.  Any thoughts?

--stan