[mythtv-users] No Audio in Internal Player?

Kevin McBride kevin.mcbride at brocku.ca
Mon Jul 31 13:27:57 UTC 2006

Hey guys,

I have spent about two months (and two complete reinstalls) now learning the
ins and outs of mythtv and linux for the first time.  I've also been lurking
here for about a month.  Everything is fairly stable now, but I have a
couple of problems that remain.  I'm using a 386 based pc running Ubuntu
6.06 and a 0.19 CVS version of mythtv from about two weeks ago.

1)       This is the biggest problem for me.  When I try to use the Internal
dvd player for optical playback I have no audio.  Visuals are fine, and seem
better than mplayer.  The command I'm using is just 'Internal'.  When
running mplayer, both audio and video are fine, but the playback is choppy
at times, and of course the lack of menus.  I was hoping someone could give
me a suggestion of where to look in order to troubleshoot audio in the
internal player.

2)       In mythmusic, when a new song is selected and I press play, the
volume in gnome is reset to a volume that is about at two thirds.  This is
weird because I wouldn't think that anything in mythtv would be able to
change the whole system volume.  It's not a big problem, I'm just curious if
others have run into the same behavior.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin