[mythtv-users] Optimum compile settings for xbox?

Alexander Fisher alexjfisher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 10:19:23 UTC 2006

On 31/07/06, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
-SNIP-
> One other question, I installed using 'apt-get install mythtv-frontend'
> which seems to work but is missing most of the other packages, themes,
> video, etc.

Since the frontend can run without plugins, they're not listed as
dependencies.  You need to install these separately.
For example...
apt-get install mythdvd mythvideo mythgallery mythmusic mythnews

I'm not sure that all plugins run satisfactorily on the xbox, and
there are some I've never used.  Have you ever used 'aptitude' to
browse and install packages?

> When I tried to install 'apt-get install myththemes' it seemed
> to work but they don't show up in the front end, any ideas?

Sorry, they seem to work for me.

Al