[mythtv-users] Mytharchive

Adam Findley adam at cs.byu.edu
Mon Jul 31 04:53:20 UTC 2006

So I wanted to upgrade my mytharchive so I could get the simple theme.
It was working great before, but now things aren't working.  I am on
10665.  It looks like there is an issue with connecting to the database,
but I can't seem to find the problem.  I printed out the sql statement,
and I ran it against the mysql database, and it worked just fine.  Can
anyone help me? Here's the output of my mythburn.log:

mythburn.py (0.1.20060729-1) starting up...
Process priority 8
script path:/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts
myth share path:/usr/share/mythtv
passed job file: /var/media/temp/config/mydata.xml
passed progress log file: /var/media/temp/logs/progress.log
mythburn.py (0.1.20060729-1) starting up...
QSettings::sync: filename is null/empty
Obtaining MythTV settings from MySQL database for hostname talkshowhost
select value, data from settings where value in('DBSchemaVer')
                     or (hostname='talkshowhost' and value in(
                         'RecordFilePrefix',
                         'VideoStartupDir',
                         'GalleryDir',
                         'MusicLocation',
                         'MythArchiveVideoFormat',
                         'MythArchiveTempDir',
                         'MythArchiveFfmpegCmd',
                         'MythArchiveMplexCmd',
                         'MythArchiveDvdauthorCmd',
                         'MythArchiveMkisofsCmd',
                         'MythArchiveTcrequantCmd',
                         'MythArchiveMpg123Cmd',
                         'MythArchiveProjectXCmd',
                         'MythArchiveDVDLocation',
                         'MythArchiveGrowisofsCmd',
                         'MythArchivePng2yuvCmd',
                         'MythArchiveSpumuxCmd',
                         'MythArchiveMpeg2encCmd',
                         'MythArchiveEncodeToAc3',
                         'MythArchiveCopyRemoteFiles',
                         'MythArchiveAlwaysUseMythTranscode',
                         'MythArchiveUseFIFO',
                         'MythArchiveMainMenuAR',
                         'MythArchiveChapterMenuAR',
                         'ISO639Language0',
                         'ISO639Language1'
                         )) order by value
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 3142, in ?
     defaultsettings = getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB()
   File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 454,
in getDefaultParametersFromMythTVDB
     cursor.execute(sqlstatement)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 163,
in execute
     self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line
35, in defaulterrorhandler
     raise errorclass, errorvalue
_mysql_exceptions.InterfaceError: (0, '')

Adam