[mythtv-users] howto digital 5.1, other audio question

Will Constable willconstable at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 15:09:35 UTC 2006

Hello everyone

First question-has anyone gotten an older Sound Blaster Live! (mine is  an
'x-gamer') card to output 5.1 channel digital sound via the spdif port?  I
have not tried but don't know how I would go about turning this feature on.
Also, if it does output 5.1 for videos that have it, will it output 2.0 for
MP3's or will it try to upmix everything?

Second, is there any way to control the mythmusic feature from a second
computer, such as through a web browser or something?  The idea would be to
use my laptop from anywhere on the first floor to change songs that mythtv
plays through the entertainment system, without having to be in the room
with the TV on and using the remote.

Thanks,

Will Constable