[mythtv-users] Is it possible to move the MySQL directories or: My doesn't Mythbackend start anymore?

Gert-Jan Bilt, van de GertJan at vdbilt.eu
Sat Jul 29 11:13:21 UTC 2006

All,

I was forced to move my MySQL base directory from /var/lib/mysql to /opt/data/mysql on a Linux box. After changing the /etc/my.cnf and the /etc/init.d/mysqld files to reflect this change of directories I can log into the MySQL server like before.

However, mythbackend can not!

The error message I get is the following:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Which obviously is true, since this directory and this file no longer exists.

My question: Why can I log into the mysql database without any problem if I do it manually with the mythtv user, but why can mythbackend not log in. Does mythbackend have some sort of hardcoded reference to this /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock file?

Anybody know?

GJ