[mythtv-users] Aussies - Update to mythweb to support OzTivo listings

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 09:37:36 UTC 2006

Hey fellow Aussies,

I recently switched to the OzTivo/TVGuide listings and would like to
do a little bit to give back to those guys who let us use their guide
data for free.

I use the 'default' mythweb theme on my PC at home to do all of my
scheduling and have updated it to add a link to the
http://tvguide.org.au website where you can update the guide data (if
you have an account with them).  When the link is clicked, the TVGuide
listings are searched for the program you are currently looking at the
details for.

To do this update, I had to manually update the PHP as described
below, which was trivial.  I don't know what impact this will have on
packaged installations, hopefully none.  I would have liked to have
made this a bit better that hacking the PHP, but I don't think mythweb
supports a 'pluggable' type architecture yet.

To modify your page also, open for editing the default detail page...

   sudo gvim /var/www/mythweb/themes/default/tv/detail.php

...locate the section marked 'external_searches' and change...

                    (<?php echo t('Search') ?>: &nbsp;
                    <a
href="http://www.imdb.com/Find?select=Titles&for=<?php echo
urlencode($schedule->title) ?>"><?php echo t('IMDB') ?></a>
                    &nbsp;-&nbsp;
                    <a
href="http://www.tv.com/search.php?type&stype=all&qs=<?php echo
urlencode($schedule->title) ?>"><?php echo t('TV.com') ?></a>
                    &nbsp;-&nbsp;
urlencode($schedule->title) ?>"><?php echo t('Google') ?></a>
                    )

...to now read...

                    (<?php echo t('Search') ?>: &nbsp;
                    <a
href="http://www.imdb.com/Find?select=Titles&for=<?php echo
urlencode($schedule->title) ?>"><?php echo t('IMDB') ?></a>
                    &nbsp;-&nbsp;
                    <a
href="http://www.tv.com/search.php?type&stype=all&qs=<?php echo
urlencode($schedule->title) ?>"><?php echo t('TV.com') ?></a>
                    &nbsp;-&nbsp;
urlencode($schedule->title) ?>"><?php echo t('Google') ?></a>
                    &nbsp;-&nbsp;
                    <a
href="http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/results.pl?how=progseries&searchfor=<?php
echo urlencode($schedule->title) ?>">TVGuide</a>
                    )

...and it all should work fine.

I will get in touch with the mythTV devs to see if there is anyway to
make regional stuff like this integrate better into mythTV.

I have also attached the actual PHP file to this email.  It is from a
0.19-fixes package, so should splat over the top of any 0.19.1
installation.  Feel free to make a diff/patch file for others, I just
don't know how to.

Cheers,
Whytey