[mythtv-users] Recording all episodes, if no conflict

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Jul 28 18:18:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:21:57PM +0200, Thomas B?rkel wrote:
> Either I set a duplicate matching rule (then it only records a certain
> episode once) or I don't set a duplicate matching rule, then I get a
> conflict, if my 2 capture cards are not enough to record the episode and
> other scheduled stuff. But in this case, I just like to not record this
> particular showing.

Do you mean the reruns are conflicting with the new episode?  If
so, you could try creating two rules having different priorities.
One for the reruns that has no dupe checking and a very low
priority, and another one for new episodes only that has a slightly
higher priority and duplicate checking.  You'd still see conflicts
in the schedule, but they'd always be resolved in favour of the new
episodes.