[mythtv-users] HowTo handle 2 Input Sources with identical channels?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 28 17:49:57 UTC 2006

On 07/28/06 13:17, Thomas Börkel wrote:

>I have 2 Input Sources, analog and DVB. Most of the channels are
>identical and some are exclusively analog or DVB.
>
>Now I have each identical channel twice, for example I have the channel
>"RTL" on id 6 (analog) and 656 (DVB). Both have the same call sign and
>XMLTVID. I have imported XMLTV data with mythfilldatabase for both Input
>Sources.
>
>Now when I search for shows through frontend (alphabetical Program
>Finder) or MythWeb (search), each show is listed twice, one time for
>channel 6 and 656.
>
>Am I doing something wrong?
>
>Can I tell MythTV somehow, that this really is the same channel (the
>scheduler seems to do correctly)?

You tell Myth two channels are the same by giving them the same
callsign.  Use the mythtv-setup channel editor to do this.

You tell Myth to show the channel only once in the EPG by giving the
channels the same callsign /and/ the same channel number (again in the
mythtv-setup channel editor).  You can edit the channel number you like
least (I would change 656 to 6) and it won't affect tuning.  Just make
sure you do /not/ change the frequency ID.

Note, though, that even with the same channel number and callsign, you
may see multiple results in search lists (but you might not :).

Mike