[mythtv-users] HowTo handle 2 Input Sources with identical channels?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Fri Jul 28 17:17:45 UTC 2006

HI!

I have 2 Input Sources, analog and DVB. Most of the channels are
identical and some are exclusively analog or DVB.

Now I have each identical channel twice, for example I have the channel
"RTL" on id 6 (analog) and 656 (DVB). Both have the same call sign and
XMLTVID. I have imported XMLTV data with mythfilldatabase for both Input
Sources.

Now when I search for shows through frontend (alphabetical Program
Finder) or MythWeb (search), each show is listed twice, one time for
channel 6 and 656.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can I tell MythTV somehow, that this really is the same channel (the
scheduler seems to do correctly)?

Or is this just the way it is?

Thanks!

Thomas