[mythtv-users] Category & Category_Type in program table

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Fri Jul 28 11:05:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:58 pm, Phill Edwards wrote:
> If you have some XMLTV data which has a program which is a Movie and
> is a Comedy, should the program.category column > program.category_type >
> I'm asking because I'm trying to write a script which might improve
> (well a tiny bit anyway) some of the poor program guide data we get
> here in Australia.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

Hi Phill,

When I last looked at the 'mythfilldatabase' program it would fill the
database's 'category' field with the first entry in the xml file and set the
'category_type' field if the first, second or more xml file entries matched
the special keywords 'movie', 'sports', 'series', 'tvshow'.

Attached is a patch for the old immir script.  The 'star-rating' is simply
translated from the rating field to over come an old Mythtv short coming.
The format of the star field is important and Mythweb supports up to 4 stars
with half stars, hence the divide by 8.

Hope it helps,
Paul