[mythtv-users] Intro & question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 28 04:32:47 UTC 2006

On 07/28/06 00:04, Aaron Howard wrote:

>I can actually use an RS-232 connection directly to the projector to
>control it from the MythTV box, and hopefully will be able to use
>firewire to control the cable box, so I just need a remote to control
>MythTV and can write scripts or whatever is needed to let it control
>everything else when I push button A, etc...but does anybody know of
>an RF remote solution that works with MythTV?  I've read plenty about
>lirc and IR remotes and whatnot but since my dream setup has a MythTV
>box (combined back-end+front-end) in a separate "media room" off to
>the side of the home theater, an RF remote solution would be awesome.

Any of the X10 RF remotes will work with LIRC--i.e. the ATI Remote
Wonder (or RW II), the X10 Lola, etc.  Now, whether you'll be able make
it work better than IR is another matter...

I have an ATI RW, but I still drilled a hole through the wall between
the room with the Myth box (and other assorted A/V gear) and the room
with the TV/speakers.  My RW works pretty well, but it doesn't do too
well through walls or over long distances.

The only reason I'm using it is because I had one sitting around and it
has a lot of buttons.  I'm considering getting a Logitech Harmony (IR)
remote instead...

Mike