[mythtv-users] Attaching Frontend

Anthony Goddard anthony at bondimaging.com
Thu Jul 27 23:28:38 UTC 2006

OK, I found a solution throught the linux-dvb maillist.

I ran yum install kernel
Reboot
Yum install kernel-*
Reboot
Hg cloned chris pascoe's repo @ http://linuxtv.org/hg/~cpascoe/v4l-dvb
Ran make, which ran fine, but make install gave me an error
Hg cloned http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
Ran make, which ran fine, ran make install which ran fine.
Rebooted and I had the frontend attached and two adaptors in /dev/dvb.

I also at some point before all of that, switched from the external USB
cable on the card, to the internal USB cable, but I'm not sure that it
had any effect.
I think I needed to install kernel-* to get everything it needed.

Thanks for all the help,
Anthony