[mythtv-users] Switch to enable "TiVO" like experience? WAS Re:mythtv keeping recordings of everything i watch?

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Thu Jul 27 15:16:53 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/26/06 19:12, Chad wrote:
>

>> On 7/26/06, Tony Chiaffredo <tony at chiaffredo.org> wrote:
>> cap was recently commited by Isaac that auto "ends" a LiveTV
>> recording after 8 hours of recording (and starts another).  This could
>> be added to the "LiveTV options" screen an changeable (to accomodate
>> those that want a 30 min "buffer", and those that will die without the
>> 8 hour "buffer" currently in place).
>>

> But this cap /only/ applies for programs that show up as longer than 8
> hours in the guide data.  On my system and one I set up for a friend:
>
> mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM program WHERE UNIX_TIMESTAMP(endtime) -
> UNIX_TIMESTAMP(starttime) > 60*60*8;
> +----------+
> | COUNT(*) |
> +----------+
> |        0 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.06 sec)
>
> meaning the cap does absolutely nothing on these systems.

It will be interesting to see how the cap works in Australia around
October. The only show I know of that runs continuously for over 8hrs is
the V8 Supercars from Mt Panorama, Bathurst. We get a live feed from 7am
to 5pm on one of our free to air channels. It will also be a test of
"over" recording too as there have been years where the race did not
finish before 5pm! Anyway, I now my myth box will be set to record this
anyway in the hope that it can vastly improve on my VCR with a 300min
tape in :)

Cheers
Bruce