[mythtv-users] Rex: a new tv_grab_au script

Max Barry mythtv at maxbarry.com
Thu Jul 27 14:20:37 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
> But it's taking aaages. It's been running for over 1.5 hrs
> now and is still going. I read Max's email as 20 mins for a week's
> worth, but on re-reading it, it says 20 mins for a day, so 7 days is
> going to take approx 2.5 hrs.

Right. At first, you might want to grab only a day or two, to verify
that Rex at least works for you. Everything is cached, so there's no
need to ever re-fetch data.

Sorry for the slow download rate, but I don't want to strain those web
servers any more than we have to. I figure after the initial cache fill,
the rate should be fast enough for most people to not notice.

Matthew Elliot wrote:
> Just running now (thanks for you efforts) but it seemed to ignore the config
> file specified by mythfilldatabase (using the --config-file option)

Thanks, I'll look at that.

> If someone was the relay the data on a server without NineMSN obfuscations
> it'd be a lot better however I doubt anyone wants to open themselves up to
> the copyright liabilities!

Yeah... my initial thought was to write something like a shared proxy,
where you could benefit from other people's caches. But that is possibly
crossing the line into distribution of copyrighted material.

Max.