[mythtv-users] Switch to enable "TiVO" like experience? WAS Re:mythtv keeping recordings of everything i watch?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 23:12:52 UTC 2006

On 7/26/06, Tony Chiaffredo <tony at chiaffredo.org> wrote:
>           I come from the Tivo world, and I find the Mythtv LiveTV
> behavior to be very useless. Meaning, if I simply turn off the
> TV and fail to exit to the Menu or turn off the Mythtv
> frontend, I end up with somewhere around 30G of LiveTV
> recordings (including the Paid Advertising spots that repeated
> at 3,4,and 5am) before I ever make it back to the boob tube.
> This is a lot of disk to some people! Could be upwards of 1/4th
> of their storage.

A cap was recently commited by Isaac that auto "ends" a LiveTV
recording after 8 hours of recording (and starts another).  This could
be added to the "LiveTV options" screen an changeable (to accomodate
those that want a 30 min "buffer", and those that will die without the
8 hour "buffer" currently in place).

-Chad