[mythtv-users] Switch to enable "TiVO" like experience? WAS Re: mythtv keeping recordings of everything i watch?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 07:43:37 UTC 2006

> The Tivo of course always has a hardware encoder, so it makes sense for
> it to always be recording.  Many myth users have software encoding of
> raw capture cards, and would not want it to do this.   I suppose
> if somebody wants they could implement code to always record if you
> have a hardware capture card, with possible ability to disable it.

Has anyone worked on, or thought of working on enabling this type of
behavior with a toggle button to turn it on and off?  There have been
a handful of times that this would have been useful to me.  I think
with the way LiveTV is handled now, it would be a lot easier to
integrate something like this since it would be a simple change of
recording group basically is what the toggle would 'change', call it
something like "Continue recording last program during menu exit" or
something like that.

Hmmm...

I can definitely see a lot of pitfalls with this too though.

Thoughts?

-Chad