[mythtv-users] Permissions problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 25 18:24:32 UTC 2006

top posting (not desired on this list)

On 07/25/06 13:46, A Desai wrote:

>  First, If it didn't get the "hint" reading the emails earlier,
>  chances are I am not going to get it reading a wiki!

inline posting (fine) allows responding to a particular point within the
post.  So, for example, I can say that the wiki (
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette ) explains
exactly how posts to the list should be made--it doesn't use subtle hints.

>  Maybe the
>  problem is more of me being a non-Linux guy rather than being rude.
>  No intention here of me trying to be rude, in fact I am very thankful
>  to everyone who is spending time on my problem. If there is something
>  I am doing wrong, please feel free to let me know, coz I still am not
>  getting the subtle hints!

bottom posting (fine)

And, when inline posting or bottom posting, you should also trim
extranous information--which, if nothing else, includes the
"mythtv-users mailing list" footer--from the post before sending.

Mike