[mythtv-users] Permissions problem

A Desai ashu.desai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 16:50:43 UTC 2006

After I did setfacl -b /usr/local/media, it gave me: drwxr-xr-x 8 root
mythtv 96 Jul 5 21:27 /usr/local/media

But when I checked ls -ald /usr/local/media/tv, it still gave me the plus
...which told me that it wasn't recursive. So I did the setfacl command, but
on /usr/local/media/tv/*

Then I thought I would make it recursive to everything, since I was having a
problem watching live TV due to this problem. So I did:

setfacl -b -R /usr/local/media/*

I am hoping this would have solved it.
Previously when I looked at Security under my Windows box, it showed
Everyone, Root, Mythtv as users as well as CREATOR GROUP in it. I think the
ACL thing did that. After that setfacl command, it's gone. It's back to it's
normal settings. I will find out today after it records new stuff.

Thanks a lot. Not sure how you found out, but thanks. Will keep you updated.

--a--

On 7/25/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 07/23/06 23:28, A Desai wrote:

> >  [root at localhost ~]# ls -adl /usr/local/media
> >  drwxr-xr-x+ 8 root mythtv 96 Jul 5 21:27 /usr/local/media
> >
> >  [root at localhost ~]# ls -adl /usr/local/media/tv
> >  drwxr-xr-x+ 2 root mythtv 8192 Jul 23 17:24 /usr/local/media/tv
>
> As indicated by the "+" after the permissions, you have an ACL (Access
> Control List) set on your directories (probably put there by Windows).
>
> http://security.linux.com/security/04/07/28/1746258.shtml?tid#&tid5
>
> What happens with something like:
>
> setfacl -b /usr/local/media/{,tv}
>
> Mike

Affordable web-hosting, professional service.
http://www.eHostingCenter.net